Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm a proud Bluenoser

 I am a classic example of "you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl". In this case, the country being Nova Scotia. Although I was born in London, I was raised in NS, as were many previous generations of my family. (since 1779 in one branch, probably longer in another). NS is my home, no matter that I live in Ontario now. I have the salt water in my blood, kippers on my crackers, I use coloured pencils, and yes, am a Rita fan.
 I think you all know why I am exiled from the home of my heart~ work. It's a shame how many of us have had to leave ~ 30,000 last year, I heard~ to feed and clothe our families.It's silly, really, that the average income in NS is 31,344$ (according to wikipedia) and a bag of milk costs about $7.43, while in Ontario we're at C$43,847(wikipedia again)  a year and 3.99$ for the same amount of milk. (the milk is just a cost of living example LOL) Someone needs to wake up, before the eastern way of life is just a memory.

0 comments: